This section covers how to customize and publish content.
In This Article:
Create a Post
To schedule your first post, click on the Schedule a Post button on the upper right corner.
This brings up the composer, where you will edit your message and select where and when your post should be published:
To add an image, video, or gif to your post, click on attach media. You can upload images and videos from your computer, or utilize the images stored in the cloud by connecting your OneDrive, DropBox or Google Drive. You can also drag and drop media files to the message composer.
Fanbooster by Traject allows you to edit photos without having to leave the app. With Adobe Creative built within the system, our photo editor enables user to crop, apply effects, change colors and so much more.
When you add an image for the first time, the photo editor will automatically appear. Make any edits to your image, and click save to utilize the image in your post. After saving the image, you’ll see a preview of the image in the message composer. To remove or edit the image, click on the corresponding icons over the image.
Your media library will keep all images and videos uploaded for easy access for future posts.
Text Snippets, Hashtags, and Emoji’s
While you won’t need the Text Snippet and Hashtag feature in creating your first post, it’s worth mentioning as these features will save you time in the future. You can create and save pre-approved text snippet templates and hashtag combinations to reuse in your post; it can be a phrase, hashtag or a mention that you frequently use for your social networks.
How to Create a Text Snippet
- Click on the scissors icon on the upper right hand of the composer window
- Click Create Template, add a title and text template
- Save the template. Once created you will be able to see a preview of the text if you hover over the name of the template
- Use the text snippet template by clicking on it. The text will automatically be inserted to your post.
Accessing Previously Used Hashtags
- Click on the hashtag icon on the upper right hand of the composer window
- You’ll see three options at the top of the hashtag menu:
- Hashtags: hashtags you've recently posted to social media
- Combinations: collection of hashtags commonly grouped together. Click edit to add a title of the hashtag combination.
- Most Popular: trending hashtags on social media
- Use the hashtag/s by clicking on it. The hashtags will automatically be inserted to your post.
How to Add Emojis
1. To insert an emoji, click on the smiley face icon and choose from a wide variety of emojis available.
When you include a link in your message, a link preview will appear in the message composer. You can change the image, title and description of the link you are sharing. To edit the title and description, click on the row of the text.
Once your message is finalized, choose the profiles you want to target with your post. To publish to all connected profiles, click Select All. To target individual profiles, click on the profile(s) you want to publish your post to.
Customizing Posts for Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin
When creating posts, the #hashtags you reference, the media you utilize, or your company’s/brands handle may differ slightly across network. With Fanbooster by Traject, you can customize the message you are composing for Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn within the Message Composer.
- Click on all networks, located on the upper left corner of the message composer
- Choose the platform (you must have a Twitter, Instagram, and/or Linkedin Profile connected for platforms to appear)
- Edit message contents for the particular platform
Preview allows you to preview exactly how your posts will look across all social networks before you post. You can even see how your text, images, links, and videos will look in the context of your selected social networks.
- Click on Preview on the bottom left.
- You'll be presented with a new window, allowing you to preview the post in each network you've selected to post to
- If your satisfied with your message, closed out of the Preview window, and click Publish Now
To save your post as a draft, click Save Draft from the Message Composer. Drafts can be accessed from the Publishing tab, under Post Drafts. All users who have access to a specific project will be able to edit drafts.
Add to Queue
"Add to Queue” revolves around your posting schedule, which allows you to specify the days and times of the week you want the content to be scheduled. Instead of manually selecting a date and time each day you want to schedule content, you can select Add to Queue and our system will automatically find the next available slot of your Posting Schedule.
Setting up your Posting Schedule is covered in the next article
Post Later - to schedule a post for a later time:
- Click on Advanced Options from the Message Composer
- Click on Post Later
- Choose Post Date and Time
Messages you have drafted, scheduled, or queued, can be accessed from your Publishing Calendar. Navigate to Publishing > View Calendar.
This error basically indicates that Fanbooster by Traject is unable to download the image associated with this link. This happens rarely and when it does it means that this particular site is doing something to prevent image extraction.
2) You will see an image editor open up. Simply click Save.
You can now publish this message!