You can keep an eye on conversations surrounding a particular topic, business, or keyword via Search agents. Fanbooster by Traject will both monitor and analyze social space for occurrences of a particular set of keywords that you've setup. You can search for keywords, hashtags and mentions across your social space.
In This Article:
Creating a Search Agent
Search Agents allow you to monitor and track usage of keywords and hashtags across Social Media
1) On your dashboard, go to Search > New Search
2. Describe (title) your search
3. Tell us where you would like us to search:
Everywhere - search all supported networks (not all networks allow you to perform a search to return a list of posts from that network containing your search terms). Click here to access support networks
Only My Network - We will search posts you’ve created and comments your audience have left on your own posts
RSS - any RSS feed.
4. Tell us how you would like us to search
- Any keywords - if we find any of your keywords - it is a match
- All keywords - a match will contain all entered keywords.
5. Add as many keywords as you like.
6. Add keywords to exclude. These are keywords you don't want included in the search. For example, if you added the keyword “fishing”, it will exclude any search results with the keyword “fishing.”
7. Restrict by country or specific location (optional).
8. Choose whether you want the search results emailed (alerts) to any users in the project.
9. When you are done, click on the Save button.
You will see a "loading" message while we perform an initial discovery. Please allow 1-2 hours for initial results to come back (typically a lot faster).
Search Agent Performance
Click Search and select the Search Agent to view its performance.
The report is broken down to three tabs: Performance, Search Results, and Influencers
Performance - shows the daily activity timeline and keyword results by channel, audience size, user gender and country.
Search Results - shows you the actual results that can be filtered by country, city, by network, or by additional keywords.
Influencers - shows you the popular users and those who have used the keyword the most.
Things to Note:
- We provide up to 7-10 days (depends on the network) worth of historical data from the day the search agent is created.
- Search agent results are not real-time, it is being updated 1-2x a day.
- Data can be exported into an Excel or a PDF file.
Managing Search Agents
From the Search Dashboard, there are several actions you can take:
|Export:||Explore Search Agent Performance report in excel or pdf format|
|Modify:||Change search setup i.e. search description, keywords|
|Pause:||Pause Search Agent|
|Delete:||Delete Search Agent|
|Report Range:||Customize the date range of the performance report|
Export Search Agent Reports
You can now export your search results to a presentation ready PDF report.
Go to Reports > Export > PDF Report > Select Report: Search Agent Summary
The report is presented as a 2-3 page PDF. Sample screenshot of the report: